Baton Rouge: The Louisiana State Bond Commission approved over $131 million for projects statewide at its November 21 meeting, according to State Treasurer John Kennedy.
"The Commission also gave the go-ahead for the state to issue an estimated $89 million in bonds for I-49 North and approximately $20 million in bonds for I-49 South," said Treasurer Kennedy. "In late 2014 or early 2015, the state is planning to issue an additional estimated $65 million in bonds for I-49 South."
Among the individual projects approved were:
- Acadia Parish, $500,000 in Certificates of Indebtedness for fire protection facilities and equipment.
- Rapides Parish, $3.5 million in Certificates of Indebtedness for purchasing school buses and equipment.
- St. Tammany Parish, Fire Protection District No. 9, $50,000 in Limited Tax Certificates of Indebtedness for fire protection and emergency medical service facilities.
- Tangipahoa Parish, Tangipahoa Parish Water District, $7.175 million in Water Revenue Bonds for waterworks system improvements.
- St. Charles Parish, Hospital Service District No. 1, $20 million Loan and New Market Tax Credit Transaction for construction of the Plantation View Medical Office in Destrehan.
- Louisiana Housing Corporation,(Cyrus Homes Project), $4.5 million in Multifamily Housing Revenue Bonds for the construction and equipping of a 32 unit multifamily apartment facility located in Jennings.
- Louisiana Community Development Authority, (East Carroll Parish Law Enforcement District Project), $16 million in Revenue Bonds for the acquisition of a correctional facility.
- Calcasieu Parish, Calcasieu Parish Public Trust Authority (Mortgage Credit Certificate Program), $20 million in Single Family Mortgage Revenue Bonds or Mortgage Credit Certificates (Volume Cap) to acquire mortgage notes of property owned by low and moderate income people.
- Louisiana Public Facilities Authority (St. Anthony's Gardens Project), $60 million in Revenue Bonds for the construction and equipment of a senior rental living community in St. Tammany Parish.