Baton Rouge: The State Bond Commission approved over $72.9 million for projects statewide and approximately $3.9 million in savings from refinancing existing public debt at its July 18th meeting, according to State Treasurer John Kennedy.
"We are helping local public entities obtain the funding they need to improve our state's economy one project at a time," said State Treasurer John Kennedy. "The projects we approved today will enable local governments to provide necessary improvements to public facilities and will ensure citizens continued access to important public services."
Among the individual projects approved were:
- Jefferson Parish, Jefferson Parish Council, $8 million in Limited Tax Certificates of Indebtedness: for constructing a humane animal control shelter and related services.
- Caddo Parish, North Caddo Hospital Service District, $13.8 million in Hospital Revenue Bonds: for hospital construction and improvements.
- Iberia Parish, City of New Iberia, $7 million in Taxable Sewer Revenue bonds: for sewer system improvements and replacements including equipment.
- Iberville Parish, City of Plaquemine, $6 million in Sales Tax Revenue and Refunding Bonds: for waterworks, sewerage, natural gas and electric plant system improvements.
- Madison Parish, Madison Parish School Board, $2 million in Qualified Zone Academy Bonds: for the renovation, repair and equipment of public schools.
- Terrebonne Parish, Terrebonne Parish Council, $938,400 in Sewer Revenue Bonds: for improvements and repairs to the sanitary sewer collection and disposal system including equipment.
- Caddo Parish, North Caddo Hospital Service District, $6.2 million in Bond Anticipation Notes: for construction and improvements to hospital facilities.
- Orleans Parish, The New Orleans Center for the Creative Arts Institute Project, $14 million in Qualified Zone Academy Bonds: for the renovation of a historic warehouse in the City of New Orleans to be operated by the New Orleans Center for the Creative Arts for the education of high school students in arts, dance, music and creative writing.
- Jefferson Parish, Affordable Housing America - Nola, LLC Project, $5 million in Multifamily Housing Revenue bonds: for the rehabilitation and equipping of a multifamily housing complex located in Kenner.
- Iberia Parish, Iberia Parish School Board, Parishwide School District, $6.8 million in General Obligation School Refunding Bonds: $544,000 in savings.
- St. Tammany Parish, St. Tammany Parish School Board, Parishwide School District No. 12, $14.2 million in General Obligation School Refunding Bonds: $428,000 in savings.
- Vernon Parish, South Vernon Waterworks District No. 1, $2.25 million in Water Revenue Refunding Bonds: $450,000 in savings.
- Webster Parish, Webster Parish School Board, School District No. 6, $8 million in General Obligation School Refunding Bonds: $508,000 in savings.
- Board of Supervisors of Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College (Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Project), $14.4 million in Revenue Refunding Bonds: $2,000,000 in savings.