Baton Rouge: The State Bond Commission approved over $110 million for projects statewide and over $8 million in savings by refinancing existing public debt at its January 17th meeting, according to State Treasurer John Kennedy.
“Calcasieu Parish School Board received approvals to refinance four series of General Obligation Public School Improvement Bonds which will save over $1.7 million,” said Treasurer Kennedy. “Three other school districts received bond refinance approvals today as well: The Caddo Parish School Board will save $1.6 million, Lafourche Parish School Board will save $986,000 and St. Tammany Parish School Board will save $1.3 million.”
Among the individual projects the Bond Commission approved are:
• East Baton Rouge Parish, East Baton Rouge Sewerage Commission, Department of Environmental Quality Project, $45 million in Revenue Bonds: To construct sewers and sewerage disposal works.
• Jefferson Parish, Jefferson Parish Council, Consolidated Sewerage District No. 1, $678,000 in Sewerage Certificates: For sewerage improvements.
• LaSalle Parish, Louisiana Public Facilities Authority, Louisiana Pellets, Inc. Project, $35 million in Solid Waste Disposal Facility Revenue Bonds: For the construction and equipping of solid waste disposal facilities consisting of a biomass wood pellets production plant.
• Livingston Parish, Juban Crossing Community Development District, $30 million in Sales Tax Revenue Bonds: For operation and maintenance of roads and bridges; Construction of drainage and flood prevention works; General infrastructure improvements; Funding a deposit for a debt service reserve fund; Paying capitalized interest.
• Webster Parish, Fire Protection District No. 10, $190,000 in Certificates of Indebtedness: To acquire fire protection equipment.
• Winn Parish, Village of Calvin, $120,000 in Certificates of Indebtedness: For improvements to the waterworks system, including completion of a water well and ground storage tank.
The Commission also approved over $8 million in savings for local governments by refinancing existing debts. Among the refinancings approved were:
• Caddo Parish, Caddo Parish School Board, $1,560,000 in savings.
• Calcasieu Parish, Calcasieu Parish School Board, School District No. 21, $275,000 in savings.
• Calcasieu Parish, Calcasieu Parish School Board, School District No. 30, $433,000 in savings.
• Calcasieu Parish, Calcasieu Parish School Board, School District No. 31, $500,000 in savings.
• Calcasieu Parish, Calcasieu Parish School Board, School District No. 33, $507,000 in savings.
• Iberville Parish, Town of Maringouin, $350,000 in savings.
• Lafourche Parish, Lafourche Parish School Board, Consolidated School District No.1, $986,000 in savings.
• Rapides Parish, City of Alexandria, $910,000 in savings.
• St. Charles Parish, Hospital Service District No.1, $408,000 in savings.
• St. John the Baptist Parish, St. John the Baptist Parish Council, $458,000 in savings.
• St. Mary Parish, St. Mary Parish Council, $402,000 in savings.
• St. Tammany Parish, St. Tammany Parish School Board, Parishwide School District No. 12, $1,261,000 in savings.
The Louisiana State Bond Commission meets monthly to review and approve applications from parishes, municipalities, special taxing districts, and other political subdivisions of the State requesting authority to incur debt.